WE ARE HIRING
GATE AUTOMATION – SALES AND TECHNICAL LIASON MANAGER
We are a small, friendly company based in Buntingford, but soon to be moving to Letchworth, looking to recruit a permanent Sales and Technical Liaison Manager to join our Gate Automation team. The successful applicant will be part of a small but busy team providing sales support, technical back up and customer service to our customers, predominantly through our branch network. Reporting directly to the Head of Gate Automation, the job is a varied role and requires the successful candidate to be versatile and motivated, with a can-do attitude.
- Handling of telephone and email enquiries, liaising directly with branches/customers and providing sales advice on products and pricing, preparing proforma invoices or quotations as appropriate
- Providing training and technical advice to both potential and new customers
- Negotiating pricing and placing purchase orders with our suppliers for non-stock or replacement of stock items
- Making outgoing telephone calls to both potential and existing customers to identify potential sales opportunities and identifying these to the Head of Gate Automation as appropriate.
- Supporting the Gate Automation Team in providing an excellent standard of service to customers, including making appointments for visits both to our showroom and to customer sites, providing progress information regarding outstanding orders, and chasing suppliers for deliveries.
- Updating our Sage 200 CRM database regarding all sales, quotation or purchase related information
- Any other sales or administrative duties as directed by the Head of Gate Automation
- Good knowledge and competency of Microsoft Products including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Previous experience of a CRM system advantageous
- Good standard of English, both written and spoken with good communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Well organised, able to prioritise work and ability to work unsupervised and under pressure
- Previous experience within the Gate Automation industry
- Ability and willingness to learn the product range
- Hard working with a positive and friendly attitude
This role is a full-time position 8.30 to 5.00pm, 5 days a week from Monday to Friday.
This has the potential to be a hybrid role and will involve some travelling throughout our branch network in the South of England (Norwich, Dartford, Reading, Bristol, Bedford, Birmingham). Ideally the candidates base would be in either our Bristol or Birmingham branch, but this would not be restrictive for the right candidate.
Salary will be dependent on skills and experience.
Holiday – 20 days plus bank holidays